Faux Wood Shutters - Details
Our fauxwood plantation shutters are custom made in just 14 days and
they're 25% less expensive than custom-sized wood shutters. Available
in inside ( L-frame or Z-frame ;
see gallery for image of Z-frame )
or outside mount ,
2-1/2" or 3-1/2" louvers .
Since these plantation shutters are not made of wood, cleaning is as
simple as using a damp cloth or sponge without fear of harming the
satin finish. Highly resistant to moisture and damage, use our faux
wood shutters in your bathroom or anywhere kids or pets are especially
active. Impressive quality with a Lifetime Warranty. Most come to you
fully assembled, with all mounting hardware and easy-to-follow installation
instructions; so our shutters are easy to install.
Our fauxwood plantation shutters bring you the beauty of custom window
shutters at an affordable price!
- Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- About 25% less expensive than custom-sized wood shutters.
- Custom-made in
14 business days.
- Easy to install. Use ordinary household tools. Most come
- Low maintenance; never requires painting.
- Resists moisture; easy to clean with just soap and water.
- Will not fade, crack, peel, or warp.
We've made ordering window shutters as easy as can be. Everything
you need to know about shutters and ordering them online is right
here on this page.
Money saving tip: Each shutter order incurs
a $70 oversize fee , so save money by ordering all your shutters
at one time!
- Daisy White, Off White, or Cream; normally
it's best to match the trim or sill color.
- 2 1/2" or 3 1/2"
- The 2 1/2" size is more traditional, and better-suited for Colonial
and Victorian styled homes.
- The 3 1/2" size is more contemporary, but is perfectly
fine in traditional homes. The larger the window, the more
likely the 3 1/2" size is scaled better. But it is usually
best NOT to mix sizes within your home.
Wood Shutters - Details
Old world craftsmanship lives on in our custom wood plantation shutters.
You'll see why high quality, real wood plantation shutters are the
single most impressive window covering you can get.
- Louver sizes: 1-7/8”, 2-1/2”, 3-1/2”, or 4-1/2”
- Inside or outside mount available
- Virtually any panel configuration available.
- Full height or café; call for double-hung.
- White or polished brass hinges.
- Comes standard with frames for easy mounting
- Easy-to-follow instructions (even comes with screws)
- Shutter experts on staff to assist you with any questions.
Premium stain-grade basswood used for all components, and hand-sanded
for a smooth and lustrous furniture finish. Available in 2 shades of
Sherwin-Williams' white paint (Extra-white & Dover White) or Sherwin-Williams'
Determine the configuration:
Determine if your window
sill protrudes :
Window Sill Protrudes
bottom of your window has a sill that sticks out into your room. See
illustrations below for images of a protruding and non protruding window
- For each of your windows see if you have a window sill that protrudes
out into the room. This will determine how your shutter's frame is
Determine your window
depth & mount :
- Window Depth
Measure from the front edge of your drywall or front edge of trim surrounding
your window opening back to the first obstruction. This could be a handcrank,
security device, ledge, or the window itself. Note whether this distance
is 1½" or more. If so, you can select an Inside Mount .
Decide whether you want the shutter to mount recessed
within your window opening, known as an " Inside Mount ",
OR outside the window opening
on the trim (if any) or directly on the wall, known as an " Outside Mount ".
We usually recommend an Outside Mount ,
because windows are not normally perfectly square, and Outside Mount shutters
are more forgiving. Also keep in mind that if you have less than 1½" of
depth in the previous step it must be an Outside Mount .
Measure your windows (width & height):
- Available for rectangular and square windows only
(specialty shapes such as arch/angle tops not available).
- Cafe shutters, sometimes called "half shutters" can also
be made for you. They normally cover the bottom half of your
window, but can be made at any height. Please specify the
height of the cafe
NOT the window height.
Determine if you need/want a divider
- Divider rails add strength to your shutters, and allow you to operate
the top louvers independently
from the bottom louvers . Note:
Center line location of divider rails may vary up or down by a maximum
of 1" (for 2 1/2" louver) and by 1 1/2" (on 3 1/2" louver).